It is known that CMA CGM is a worldwide shipping Group. But it is not only because the Group has agencies all over the world, or because its shipping lines cover all the oceans. It is also because CMA CGM is at the heart of the world economy.
There are two sides of the coin:
- Its emerging countries
- Its billion tons of General Cargo per year
- Its transport needs, which have increased threefold in just a few decades.
And on the other side,
The world’s third-biggest container shipping company, along with;
- Its 400 vessels, that is to say 1,4475,000 TEU , or over 8% of world capacity
- Its ‘hubs’ in the Mediterranean (Malta), South-East Asia (Port Kelang), the Middle East (Khor
- Al Fakkan), Africa (Tangiers) and the Caribbean (Kingston)
- Its 400 ports, served by its mother ships and ‘feeders’
- Its container fleet of 2,150,000 TEUs
- Its 650 offices and agencies, with over 18,000 staff over all five continents.
Globalization is an ever-changing phenomenon. New markets appear each year, some others increase their potential and others still lose their momentum. In other words, we have to keep up with the pace of change and be in the right place at the right time and with the right solutions.
Thanks to the density of its agent network, its extensive port coverage, the facilities at its disposition and the versatility of its hubs, CMA CGM can legitimately claim to be a major player in world development.