NOL joins the CMA CGM family.
The acquisition of the Singaporean company NOL is an opportunity for CMA CGM to reinforce its global geographic presence, and to offer its clients an even better service.
Here are the key dates for this historic acquisition:
- 2015, November 16th – CMA CGM enters into exclusive discussions with Neptune Orient Lines Ltd
- 2015, December 7th – CMA CGM makes official announcement of project to acquire NOL
- 2016, April 29th – CMA CGM’s proposed acquisition of NOL approved by the European Commission
- 2016, May 25th – CMA CGM’s proposed acquisition of NOL cleared by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM)
- 2016, May 30th – CMA CGM announces firm intention to make voluntary conditional general offer to acquire NOL
- 2016, June 6th – CMA CGM S.A. launches all-cash voluntary conditional general offer to acquire NOL
- 2016, June 10th – Temasek and its affiliates tender their NOL shares to the offer, bringing CMA CGM’s stake in NOL to 78.07%
- 2016, june 14th : NOL appoints new Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- 2016, June 27th – CMA CGM crosses 90% ownership threshold in NOL and intends to delist the company from the SGX-ST