Anticipating our clients’ needs has always been our priority. The transportation of seafood is very delicate and requires specialist logistic solutions. Our Reefer Department has been involved in the creation of a new generation of container that will revolutionize this field. The CMA CGM Group now offers containers that recreate the natural marine environment of a lobster in order to guarantee their transport in the best possible conditions.
AQUAVIVA® containers were developed by a collaboration between two French leaders: CMA CGM a global shipping company and EMYG Environnement & Aquaculture, the leading specialist in water purification and storage in France.
All logistical elements were studied to optimize the transportation from departure to arrival:
- Innovative technology engineered by specialists in marine biology promotes the respect for both the environment and for animal life;
- The CMA CGM Group offer a door to door service, made possible thanks to its expertise in logistics;
- On arrival the used water from the container is emptied and treated with UV rays before being returned to sea;
- Maritime transportation is the most eco-friendly mode (low carbon emissions). The transportation of seafood in those conditions represents the most ecological and cost-efficient solution;
- The CMA CGM Group operates 170 maritime lines and has a global network of 765 offices allowing the delivery of this type of products anywhere in the world.
The CMA CGM Group will participate in the Seafood Expo Global in Brussels (April 26th-28th) and are happy to introduce this revolutionizing technology.
We also invite you to read our brochure for additional information.