Within the space of only four months, the CMA CGM Group has become a leader in the U.S., with the historic inauguration of the CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN as the largest cargo vessel ever to call at a U.S. port. And today we can further announce the deployment of six more giants of the sea on the Pearl River Express Service. Here we look back on the key dates:
- October 2015 – Jacques Saadé, Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, visits the U.S. and expresses his willingness to complete maiden calls, with a vision to contribute to the evolution of the American maritime industry.
- 26th December 2015 –CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN successfully completes her maiden call at the Port of L.A., welcomed by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and other high-ranking officials.
- 31st December 2015 – CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN calls at the Port of Oakland, before departing for China.
- 18th February 2016 – CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN calls at the Port of Long Beach.
- 19th February 2016 – CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN arrives at the Port of Seattle, before departing on 1st March to China.
- Today, Thursday 3rd March 2016 – The CMA CGM Group announces the deployment of its flagship fleet of six 18,000 TEU vessels on the Pearl River Express Service. Flagships are the CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN, the CMA CGM BOUGAINVILLE, the CMA CGM KERGUELEN, the CMA CGM GEORG FORSTER, the CMA CGM VASCO DE GAMA and the CMA CGM ZHENG HE.
With this decision, CMA CGM reaffirms its trust in the American market and its willingness to develop its activity in this country.
The move is in line with both our global and US growth strategy and optimizes our fleet on a major maritime service.
The CMA CGM BENJAMIN FRANKLIN will return to the U.S. at the end of her Chinese rotation. And within the next few months, five other 18,000 TEUs vessels will join her.